Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Owning Your Story: Anger, Stress & Healing - A Gathering of and for Men | 6 Tuesdays: July 31-September 4, 2012 - 7:00-9:15 PM
Middlebury, United States
Six Tuesdays: July 31 - September 4, 2012 7:00 - 9:15 PM
- feel stressed, lost or disconnected - are angry more than you would like
- struggle in or with relationship - feel stuck
- feel invisible - feel "in over your head"
- want to be able to laugh more
...and you are willing to:
- explore yourself at a deeper level - speak from your heart
- listen with your heart - be truthful
- do the work that growth requires - maintain confidentiality
- risk showing up fully each moment - write things down (keep a journal)
- who (you think) you are in the world - personal change that sticks
- how you view yourself, others and - growing up and waking up
- what you disown or deny
- your story about what's happening and what's really happening
You'll leave with:
- insight into your "personal operating system"
- practices and processes that will help when
- the change you want won't stick
- your mind chatter is driving you crazy
- important conversations seem impossible
- you feel overwhelmed by stress
- you want to accept and own what you've disowned
- the opportunity for a new way of being in the world
- new acquaintances, and perhaps, some new friends
Perhaps no one ever told or showed you that stress is part of life, anger often makes sense, and it’s all right to feel and to speak what you are feeling; or, perhaps someone did tell you, and you have yet to take the risk.
Now you feel lost. You feel stressed, you struggle with relationship, and even if you have good work and make good money, you find that work and money do not fulfill the deepest parts of you.
You feel a vague or even a sharp sense of dissatisfaction, and questions of meaning and purpose arise for you.
The good news is that you are not alone, and there are ways through this. More good news is that you can learn to see more clearly, be honest with yourself and do some good work that can lead to change.
If this sounds attractive, consider joining us for six sessions.
Palabra Counseling & Training Center
Village Square, Suite 207 B
530 Middlebury Road / Route 64
An educator for 38 years, Reggie Marra is an Integral Coach, a teaching poet and the author of two volumes of poetry and two books of nonfiction. He has brought his work into classrooms and boardrooms in the U.S. and Canada, and is committed to helping himself and others alleviate unnecessary suffering. Find out more at http://reggiemarra.com.